They usually come on your face, chest, back, upper arms, or shoulders. Taking proper care of your skin and a healthy lifestyle are very important for treating cystic acne.
There are also some simple home cures that can help treat it by bringing down swelling and fighting infection.
To get rid of cystic acne, you can use turmeric. This spice has curcumin, which naturally brings down swelling and eases pain. Also, it kills bad germs and fights the infection. Add a little water or unrefined sesame oil to 1 to 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder to make a paste.
Put this paste on the hurt area and leave it on for about 1 hour before washing it off. Do this one or two times a day for a few days.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is another great cure for cystic acne. Because it’s an astringent, it helps get rid of extra oil to cure acne and ease pain and swelling. It also helps clean the skin and balance the skin’s acid level.
- Mix equal amounts of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and water.
- Dip a cotton ball in the mixture and put it on the hurt skin.
- Let it sit for about 15 minutes, then wash it off with water.
- Do this two times a day for a few days.
- Put 1 or 2 drops of tea tree oil onto a cotton ball and pat it gently onto the hurt area.
- Leave it on for a few hours or overnight.
People with sensitive skin should mix 1 part tea tree oil with 3 parts water before putting it on. Use this once a day for a week.
- Mix 1 to 2 tablespoons of fuller’s earth with enough water to make a paste.
- Mix in a ½ teaspoon of honey. Put it on your face.
- Let it dry on its own, then wash it off with water.
- Do this one or two times a week.
- Eat nuts and seeds that are full of vitamins A and E.
- Drink a lot of water throughout the day to flush harmful poisons out of your body.
- Eat little or no dairy, like milk and cheese, until the acne is gone.
- Don’t eat oily, fatty foods and spicy foods that can make the acne worse.
- Don’t eat junk foods and foods full of sugar.